Hollywood N.S. was built as a two teacher school in 1955. This replaced the original school house located in the old hall. It was considered a state of the art at the time with its electric lighting, heating and flushing toilets.
In 1982 an extension was added which brought the number of classrooms to four. In 2005 extensive building works brought the number of classrooms to six and included a multipurpose hall, computer room and resource rooms.
In 2013 with a growing population and the need to meet the challenges of the curriculum, another extension was completed and two more classrooms were added including an upstairs classroom. It was the architect's vision to design an extension that would be in keeping with the original 1955 school, while at the same time incorporating the aesthetic, environmentally friendly requirements of a modern building.
We have also seen developments in the school grounds. The original horse chestnut trees planted in 1955 have been further enhanced with the planting of many indigenous trees, a wildflower garden, vegetable plot and herbaceous border.
The children enjoy caring for the grounds by planting bulbs and harvesting vegetables each year.